Sample Coaching Agreement
This Agreement is entered into by and between Name, Company, Address __________ (Coach) and ______ Name, Address (Client) whereby Coach agrees to provide Coaching Services for Client focusing on the following topics/results/outcomes/goals attached to this Agreement as Schedule A.
Description of Coaching: Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional, or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
1) Coach-Client Relationship
- Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behavior established by the International Coach Federation “(ICF)” (Coachfederation.org/ethics). It is recommended that the Client review the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behavior.
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her physical, mental, and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions, and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction or any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy, does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Client acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time.
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education, and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporating coaching principles into those areas, and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
- The Client understands that to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance, and create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
The parties agree to engage in a 3-month Coaching Program through web-based voice or video-call meetings. Coach will be available to Client by e-mail and voicemail between scheduled meetings as defined by the Coach (describe those terms here). Coach may also be available for additional time, per Client’s request, on a prorated basis rate of ________ (for example, reviewing documents, reading or writing reports, engaging in other Client-related services outside of coaching hours).
3) Schedule and Fees
This coaching agreement is valid as of 01/05/2022. The fee is 197 $ per month based on 2 meetings per month. The fee is payable at the end of each month.
The calls/meetings shall be 45 minutes in length. If rates change before this agreement has been signed and dated, the prevailing rates will apply.
The refund policy in effect for the term of this Agreement is as follows: No refunds will be made since payments are due at the end of each month.
The time of the coaching meetings and/or location will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed-upon time. The Client will initiate all scheduled calls and call the Coach using the agreed-upon web application.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality outlined in the ICF Code of Ethics. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions), and thus, communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information on the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession before its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without the use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach, and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to promptly raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach.
6) Release of Information (Optional, based on Client consent)
The Coach engages in training and continuing education, pursuing and/or maintaining ICF (International Coach Federation) Credentials. That process requires the names and contact information of all Clients for possible verification by ICF. By signing this agreement, you agree to have only your name, contact information, and start and end dates of coaching shared with ICF staff members and/or other parties involved in this process for the sole and necessary purpose of verifying the coaching relationship, no personal notes will be shared.
Client Agrees __________________ Client Refuses _________________
According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
7) Cancellation Policy
Client agrees that it is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Coach reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting. Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
8) Record Retention Policy
No records of information shared during the term of the Coach-Client relationship are kept.
Either the Client or the Coach may terminate this Agreement at any time with momentary notice. Client agrees to compensate the Coach for all coaching services rendered through and including the effective date of termination of the coaching relationship.
10) Limited Liability
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations, or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied, concerning the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon, and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential, or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for the last month of coaching services rendered and paid through and including the termination date.
11) Entire Agreement
This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client and reflects a complete understanding of the parties concerning the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered, or supplemented except in writing, signed by both the Coach and the Client.
12) Dispute Resolution
Any dispute arising out of this Agreement is to be resolved by mutual consent; the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 days after the notice is given.
Client Name and address
Coach Name and address